Health & Safety Coordinator - Site Based
Safety focussed? Ready to work for the best in the business?
Leighs Construction is ACC tertiary and NZ/AS 4801 accredited, we are seeking a hands on Safety Coordinator to support our project management team on site as we foster our zero harm culture. The Health & Safety Coordinator - Site Based will assist the health and safety team to drive the commitment and ownership of health and safety across the business.
The role will also take a lead role in document control of health and safety information on site through maintaining databases and records related to health and safety, training and quality in accordance with Company policy.
In particular the Health & Safety Coordinator will:
- Ensure the company's HSE systems and databases are maintained and up to date.
- Promote safe workplace practices and injury prevention activities, ensuring employees follow correct HSE procedures.
- Support the Health and Safety team with the ongoing development, implementation and effectiveness of the company's HSE programme
- Assist with compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support the Health and Safety team
- Collate the results and follow up on non-conformances from internal and external audits
The HSE Coordinator is expected to conduct themselves in a manner which positively promotes zero harm and our internal values of Pride Passion and Excellence to support our purpose of being a high performing construction company through our people delivering exceptional projects safely.
This role is ideal for someone with 1-2 years experience in health and safety preferably in commercial construction, mining, oil and gas or other related industry. A high level of time management, organisation, administration and data entry skills are a must as is the ability to influence change and continuously improve.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills in health and safety working in an environment where your contribution will make a significant difference.
Please apply using the link below.