Senior Quantity Surveyor
Leighs Construction are a New Zealand owned and operated company that has been providing high-quality outcomes for our clients, staff, and Communities for over 25 years, boasting an inclusive company culture and an iconic project portfolio throughout NZ, the wider Pacific, and Antarctica we plan on leaving a lasting legacy of innovative, safe structures for future generations to come.
After successfully winning several large-scale projects and securing a stable pipeline of work moving forward, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our Auckland team.
As a member of our project team, you will work closely with our sub-contractors, clients, and other key stakeholders to build strong working relationships and help drive the financial performance of our projects!
- Contracts Management & Administration
- Procurement of subcontractor and supplier agreements
- Preparing estimates
- Risk management and problem-solving
- Cost control, budget monitoring, and reporting
- Assessing payment claims and variations
- Processing, negotiation, and agreement of final accounts
- Site visits
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualification
- Relevant project experience across the Commercial Construction space in NZ (preferably with a main contractor)
- Strong problem solver with relationship focussed attitude
This is a rare opportunity to join a proud, passionate, and dedicated team within a stable business that values work/life balance and gives our employees a real opportunity to develop their career experience and their character!
To find out more about this role or to discuss other vacancies feel free to contact our Internal Recruitment Consultant, Johnny O'Rourke on 0212081178 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leighs are running a comprehensive recruitment process for this position. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered at this time.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. We also require all employees to complete a pre-employment medical check, including drug and alcohol testing, and complete a criminal history check with the Ministry of Justice.